Financial/Human Resources Coordinator
SAN PATRICIO COUNTY APPRAISAL DISTRICT
Job Title: Financial/ Human Resources Coordinator
Salary Range: $41,000 – $55,000 ANNUAL
FLSA Status: Exempt – Administrative
Revised: October 2017
Deadline: The deadline to submit applications for this position is Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
Definition: Reporting to the Chief Appraiser, this position proactively handles various bookkeeping administrative and human resources operational tasks, including employee benefit programs, payrolls, recruitment, governmental compliance, recordkeeping and other related duties.
Job duties and other areas of responsibility:
- FIRST POINT of contact with employees and candidate inquiries on daily human resources issues (discipline issues are handled by the Chief Appraiser with other management);
- RECRUITING: Handles job outreach, processing new hires (I9, W-4, etc.) and coordinates benefit enrollments after probationary period. May coordinate and oversee interviews as instructed.
- PERFORMANCE REVIEWS: Tracks and sends reminders to department heads.
- TERMINATIONS: Processes employee terminations, including check lists and related paperwork.
- EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: Coordinates annual open enrollment process for the District’s various benefit programs, handles employee enrollments and changes to enrollments during the plan year, handles employee inquiries/requests and serves as liaison with providers such as the District’s self-insurance program third-party administrator, workers compensation provider and other related benefit functions. Reconciles payroll deductions to periodic billings from benefit providers.
- PAYROLL: Serves as timekeeping system administrator and works with District’s various timekeepers to process all payrolls, handles maintenance and coordinates any payroll changes.
- A/P, A/R, PURCHASING: Serves as purchasing coordinator, ordering supplies, generates checks for signatures to pay District’s A/P items, Tracks and accounts for all A/P and A/R.
- ANNUAL BUDGET PREPARATION: Assists Chief Appraise and Assistant Chief Appraise in all matters related to preparing ANNUAL BUDGET.
- ANNUAL AUDIT – Assist Chief Appraiser with all matters related to the District’s annual INDEPENDENT AUDIT process.
- BIENNIAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION PROCESS: Assist Chief Appraiser with logistics election of members of the District’s Board of Directors.
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Arrange Hotel reservations for education and training travel.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS: Assists Chief Appraiser and Assistant Chief Appraiser with special projects and research as assigned. Such projects may include labor market comparisons and such under the direction of the Chief Appraiser.
- MAINTAINS highest standards of professional and personal conduct, ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- COMPLIANCE with all District policies; and
- OTHER duties as assigned.
- UNDERSTANDS and supports safety standards as required by the job; keeps the workplace clean and safe.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited college or university in Financial, Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting and human resources functions similar to those outlined above;
- Solid practical knowledge of human resources regulations and laws;
- Analytical and people skills;
- Effective oral/written communication skills and public speaking skills;
- Strong ethics;
- Any combination of credentials may be substituted for the requirements listed as determined by the judgment of the District.
All work is normally accomplished in an office environment. Occasional work hours in evenings or weekends may be required as necessary to accomplish the objectives of the position.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential functions of the level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. All employees are required to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services, in the event of an emergency.
- APPLICANT MUST PASS CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
- SUBMIT RESUME TO ROBERT CENCI, CHIEF APPRAISER, AT email@example.com
P.O. Box 938
Sinton, Texas 78387-0938
Monday - Friday
January 2, 2023 – New Years Day
January 16, 2023 – Martin Luther King Day
April 7, 2023 – Good Friday
May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day
June 19, 2023 – Juneteenth
July 4, 2022 – Independence Day
September 4, 2023 – Labor Day
November 10, 2023 – Veterans Day
November 23 & 24, 2023 – Thanksgiving
December 25 & 26, 2023 – Christmas